Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Conflicts and Questions

Dear Reader,

It's been a while since my last post. Sorry to have kept you waiting for more stories or drawings. The past months have been a confusing time with many ups and downs, a rain of epiphanies and a storm of sad news.

A few days ago, I came across a quote which made me shudder. It belongs to Warsan Shire, a gifted Somali-British poet who feels her words. The quote read:

Later that night
I held an atlas in my lap
Ran my fingers across the whole world
And whispered
Where does it hurt?

It answered
Everywhere
Everywhere
Everywhere.

Deep down, panic is the first reaction to the past months' news as fear for the uncertain future increases. In a story, harmony is disrupted by a conflict which is always resolved one way or another. This world seems to be going from one conflict to another regardless of topic, just for the sake of it. But, why not prevent conflicts? There are so many practical books on how to handle conflicts at work or in a team, but nothing on preventing global scale conflicts. People say they want peace. I wonder how they each, define the peace they wish for... So, in this post, I'm not going to give a solution like I've always been driven to do. Instead, I'm going to ask you a question: 

What do we, souls living on this planet, need to do, invent, build or learn in order for our world to stop having conflicts between its people and between people and nature?

Here is a song for you to go with that thought: Beneath Your Beautiful.

Yours,
Maria